Monday, February 7, 2011

It's A New Day

It's a new dawn
It's a new day
It's a new life
For me
And I'm feeling good


— Michael Bublé, Feeling Good

If you had asked me as recently as this time last year what I saw myself doing with my life it certainly would not have included being an up-and-coming concert photographer (flying half way around the world to shoot a European summer music festival) or sharing the photo pit at A-List concerts with the likes of Robert Knight or Erik Kabik...or that I'd be a cutting-edge desktop publisher expanding my graphic design capabilities to include next-generation digital media devices like iPads and iPhones...but here I am.

I am indeed living my dream...and I'm feeling good.

I must confess that it hasn't been without its challenges. By the end of 2010, I realized that trying to shoot concerts and write a weekly entertainment column for living-las-vegas.com as the Photo Diva plus working a challenging day job in the publishing industry that often requires 60-80 hours a week of my life left me little time for things like sleep, so I am trying to cut back on those commitments to leave room in my day for other projects I am involved in as well as developing my digital photography and desktop publishing skills so I can keep up with current technology.

I know I know...you love the Photo Diva on living-las-vegas.com and so do I. It's been such a fun project sharing my concert photography journey with all of you. However, it was getting more and more difficult and time-consuming towards the end of 2010 to get permission to shoot shows and to come up with interesting things to say about them, so I have backed off a bit. People just don't realize all of the effort that goes into getting permission from PR agencies/tour managers/talent agents for media access with photo privileges...it's a full-time job in itself!

Meanwhile, back at Diva Central, I am really focused on developing our iPad version as well as improving on our online/digital version of Live2Play magazine. For those of you who don't know, Live2Play is a multi-media project that features gear and instrument news and reviews along with opinion, tips and advice from working musicians and audio professionals for a growing network of highly mobile, web-connected musicians. Live2Play has been the Little Engine That Could for many years (originally Singer Magazine which morphed into Singer & Musician Magazine a few years ago) but with the explosion of both social media and mobile technology — and its effect on how we receive and digest information — Live2Play is expanding its global reach rapidly and thus I have to stay on top of both current and future ways of delivering information to a very hungry and under-served market.  If you are a musician you should check it out at www.L2Pnet.com

So have no fear, the Diva lives on. I will continue to post on living-las-vegas.com as often as I have something that is right for that outlet — reviews of shows and concerts and interviews with notable Las Vegas entertainers are still in the works — just not on a weekly basis. Trust me, when I do post a story as living-las-vegas.com's Photo Diva it will be worth reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment